Understanding Online Casino Lingo

21 July 2012 – By Jane Spiegel

150€ Bonus from 888 Casino!
The most recommended
888 online casino on Internet

http://www.888.com

Whether you enjoy playing your favorite casino style games at one of the many online virtual casinos or more enjoy making the trek to your local brick and mortar facility, when it gets right down to it no matter where you gamble there’s a certain lingo that goes along with wherever you are playing. Whether you are a player that enjoys getting into a game once in awhile or you play on a regular basis, there may be times when on a chat line someone is talking about a certain bet or type of play and uses a type of lingo you’re unfamiliar with. This article here will touch upon some of the well-known sayings that people refer to when they are gambling and will give you an opportunity to learn some new words that you can dazzle your friends with when you’re laying a wager down, whether it is live or at an online virtual casino.

If someone says to you that they have won or lost a dime, they’re not talking about 10¢ they’re talking about $1000. If you hear someone referred to as a George, it most probably isn’t their name, it means that they are known around the tables in a live casino as a good tipper. If you hear the term that someone has placed a bet on a “Circled Game’ at an online casino that offers sports betting it means they have wagered on a game that has had its betting limit lowered because of injuries or bad weather. A Barber Pole refers to the different colored chips in your stack and a Sleeper Bet is a wager that has been forgotten by the player or dealer. If someone is known as a Chalkeater it doesn’t mean they have a liking for chalk, it means that they only bet on favorites and usually only through sports bets. A hold is the amount of money the casino normally makes, for example if the hold is 98 % it means that for every $100 the casino brings in, it keeps 2% and the other 98% goes back to the players.

This is just a small sample of the lingo you might hear when people are talking about gambling. Whether you play at one of the many online virtual casinos or prefer making the trip to a local brick and mortar casino, knowing what is going on around you will ensure you have an enjoyable gaming experience.

Latest Casino News

Two years and going strong! The summit of igaming in Malta has gained a lot of traction since it kicked off in 2014, with big gaming operators joining  more...
Blackjack bonuses can be very advantageous to you, if you take the time to seek around and look for them.  more...
Getting some extra money to use for video poker will let you to try out some of new games and increase your winning possibilities.  more...
This is a great time for you to do some hunting around to see what bonuses the online casinos offer during the upcoming Christmas season.  more...
Christmas time is a great time of the year for getting some amazing bonuses and increase of your chances of winning.  more...
Microgaming has just released a new racing themed online casino game that will surely please all the players in need for speed  more...
Online gambling developer Microgaming is getting ready for Christmas time with a new themed game and great jackpots  more...
The online gambling giant 888 Casinos has just released several exciting new and special offers for their passionate online casino players  more...
Casino bonus whoring is applied to players who goes from site to site using up all the bonuses they are allowed then move onto the next casino.  more...
Online casinos have lower operating costs and they offer extremely lucrative and rewarding bonuses to entice you to become a member with them.  more...
            
Newsletter Subscribe
Register to our newsletter and receive casino news and bonuses!
Name:
E-mail:
Mansion Casino
Our Certificates
      
       
//http://blockadblock.com/blockadblock_basic_script.php